Sunday, April 2, 2017
Easy Yogurt Cream with Bloody Oranges Sauce
This is an extremely easy dessert. It is made in no time but it is still entirely homemade. It is made from yogurt, sweetened condensed milk, and table (single) cream. Then the cream is baked in a low-temperature oven for a short time. I called it yogurt cream because the delicately sour taste of yogurt is detectable even after baking.
The cream is served with fruits in their own sauce. I used blood oranges which are in season right now, but any other fruits such as pomegranate or berries can also be used. I pureed some fruits with a bit of sugar and used the rest in pieces to make a nice finish. If you wish to make this cream even more satisfying, serve it with your favorite biscuits.
Yogurt Cream with Bloody Oranges Sauce
1 can (12 oz) sweetened condensed milk,
1 cup whole yogurt,
1 cup table cream,
2-3 blood oranges, or 1 and 1/2 cup any berries,
2 tbsp sugar
1. Pour both milk and yogurt in a medium bowl and mix well with a whisker.
2. Divide mixture between 8 small ramekins and place them on the baking form.
3. Set oven temperature to 200F and without preheating, place the form in the oven.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes until the cream is set but not too firm.
5. Remove from the oven and cool down.
6. Cut out segments of oranges from the membrane, mix with sugar and cook until sugar dissolves.
If you use berries puree half of them with sugar and heat until sugar melts. Add rest of the fruits and cool.
7. Serve cream portions with fruits on top and accompanied by cookies, if you wish.