Sunday, May 31, 2015
This light mousse is a perfect dessert for hot days. Very light and not too sour but, at the same time, almost spicy from the wine, this mousse can be served alone just with a delicate cookie. It can be also served with any berries. It goes great with strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries, or all of them mixed together. I made it this mousse last week and finished it with sweet raspberries and blueberries. Wherever they come from, they are now at their best in our region and their taste and sweetness go nicely with the tartness of the mousse.
Lemon-Wine Mousse with Berries
2 large eggs, preferably organic,
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice,
1/2 cup sugar,
1/2 cup dry white wine,
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream,
2 cups mixed berries (or berries of your choice).
1. In a large bowl beat eggs with an electric mixer until a mousse forms. Add slowly sugar and beat for about 3 more minutes, until eggs are almost stiff.
2. Pour wine and lemon juice into the egg mixture. Beat again until the ingredients combine.
3. Transfer mixture to a large pot and cook over a medium heat stirring all the time until the mixture thickens and sticks to the wooden spoon. Do not let it boil.
4. Let it all cool completely.
5. Beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff. Fold it into the lemon-wine mixture. Divide among six glass bowls and chill for at least 30 minutes. Decorate with fresh berries and serve.