Saturday, June 26, 2010

Yogurt Dumplings



These dumplings are probably the simplest you would have ever done. They are delicious especially with a good meat sauce, but I also made them with a mushroom sauce for vegetarians. They are my kids absolutely the most favourite dinner, always causing an enthusiasm.

I used to make in Poland a more complicated version of them, but since I've got this simplified recipe from my mother, I found this version not only much easier to prepare but also more delicate in taste, I make yogurt dumplings as often as every two weeks.

Well, how much more can I talk about it? Just make them and try yourself. And I hope you will get addicted to them as my family is.

Yogurt Dumplings

Ingredients:
2 cups low fat yogurt,
1 large organic egg,
2 and 1/2 cup flour.

Preparation:
1. Using whisker mix eggs with yogurt.
2. Add flour and make a smooth heavy batter.



3. Boil two quarters of water in a fairly large pot; add one tbsp of salt.
4. Using a regular soup spoon, take a little bit of batter (one-third of a tbsp) on the tip of the spoon and, while dipping each time the spoon in the boiling water, let the dumplings to drop one by one in the boiling water until the whole batter is gone.
5. Gently stir with a wooden spatula preventing from sticking to the bottom.
6. When dumplings appear on the surface, turn down the heat and let them boil for 4 minutes.
7. Drain the dumplings on a colander and serve with meat sauce, goulash, or a simple mushroom sauce for vegetarians.




2 comments:

Pots and Frills said...

BOZENA to me
show details Jul 5


BOZENA has sent you a link to a blog:

Kluseczki sa wspaniale.Bardzo smaczne i proste w wykonaniu. Jedlismy je w niedziele.

Tomcio said...

Rewelacja !!!!!